Views
Helpful
Replies

no PBX? ASR support?

chongzhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Could anyone help me out with some basic questions?

. If i have some ipphones connected via internet, I don't need PBX if i want to talk only between them,

is that right?

.Is it possible to develop an application to call

another voice recognition software?

.Can Cisco ip phone be cordless or wireless? I want

to use them when I walk around.

Thanks very much,

2 Replies 2

rokibbe
Level 1
Level 1

The phones connected via the internet: they would need some method of translating phone numbers into IP addresses, like an H.323 gateway or a heck of a lot of dial-peers. How the phones are connected to the internet matters, too. More information would help you get a more concise answer.

Application to call voice recognition software: anything is possible, particularly where software development is concerned.

Cordless Cisco IP Phones: Cisco isn't currently selling any that are labelled Cisco, however we do have partnerships with companies like Spectralink ( http://www.spectralink.com/products/NetLinkIP.html ) that make cordless products for use with Call Manager.

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct, you don't need a PBX if you want to call between the IP phones, as long as they know how to reach each other via the IP network.

Right now there are no Cisco 802.11b wireless phones, but you can certainly use an analog FXS device such as a Cisco ATA-186 with CallManager, and then attach a cordless phone to it.