cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

no voice at start of call

benbollinger
Level 2
Level 2

when a call comes in, the first few seconds of audio are not heard. so the receptionist has to ask the caller to repeat...Are their any know issues bringing a pri in through a h323 gateway and having this problem, or does anyone have any suggestions.

5 Replies 5

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What kind of gateway are you using, what version of IOS, and what kind of ports are being used?

vyepello
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently experiencing that same symptom in a few of our offices. The call is being worked by TAC and our account PE's as we push for a solution. As soon as we have a fix, I'll let you know.

creza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I Have the same problem but with CISCO1750-4V I need to wait 8 to 10 seconds before start the tone if you have any idea or receive one I will appreciate to let me know.

Thanks

There are some new features specifically related to early cut through of voice paths on ISDN calls.

I had some problems of not hearing call progress tones on a system without any ISDN.

Try:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft/121limit/121x/121xi/121xi_3/dth323pi.htm

And search the cisco site with "voice path cut through ISDN".

Cheers,

Ed McGuigan.

neily
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem and Tac suggested that there was a code problem. I was running 12.1XI5 . I upgraded to 12.2(5) and the problem was rsolved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: