cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

no voice at start of call

benbollinger
Level 2
Level 2

when a call comes in, the first few seconds of audio are not heard. so the receptionist has to ask the caller to repeat...Are their any know issues bringing a pri in through a h323 gateway and having this problem, or does anyone have any suggestions.

5 Replies 5

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What kind of gateway are you using, what version of IOS, and what kind of ports are being used?

vyepello
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently experiencing that same symptom in a few of our offices. The call is being worked by TAC and our account PE's as we push for a solution. As soon as we have a fix, I'll let you know.

creza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I Have the same problem but with CISCO1750-4V I need to wait 8 to 10 seconds before start the tone if you have any idea or receive one I will appreciate to let me know.

Thanks

There are some new features specifically related to early cut through of voice paths on ISDN calls.

I had some problems of not hearing call progress tones on a system without any ISDN.

Try:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft/121limit/121x/121xi/121xi_3/dth323pi.htm

And search the cisco site with "voice path cut through ISDN".

Cheers,

Ed McGuigan.

neily
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem and Tac suggested that there was a code problem. I was running 12.1XI5 . I upgraded to 12.2(5) and the problem was rsolved.