cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One way audio problem when softphone work with CheckPoint VPN tunnel

chyeh
Level 1
Level 1

We have checked the "network audio setting" has been properly configured. Any ideas or comments?

Can Cisco softphone work with 3rd party VPN boxes? Anyone has done that before? I cannot find any documents regarding the integration tests & results.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rlbrumm
Level 1
Level 1

Wew use the same scenario. You need to make sure you have "office mode" turned on on the Checkpoint firewall and use Secure remote client. Once we turned on "officemode" it worked like a champ.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

vmalhi
Level 1
Level 1

I have softphone working with a Checkpoint VPN tunnel.

If you have configured the correct ip address in Network Audio, have you checked that the person you are calling (or gateway) can ping the ip address of your PC?

It sounds to me that its a routing issue or possible to do with the policy on your firewall. Are you sure the RTP packets are going down the VPN?

No, I cannot ping the ip address of client PC. It seems that the PC rejects any connections which are not initialed by itself.

Do you have any advise or suggestion? I responsed this question to local CheckPoint reseller and hope they can solve the issue.

If you can't ping the client machine on which softphone is installed then you have a routing issue!

Once you have solved your routing issues then make sure you have given the correct address to the softphone under Network Audio settings.

rlbrumm
Level 1
Level 1

Wew use the same scenario. You need to make sure you have "office mode" turned on on the Checkpoint firewall and use Secure remote client. Once we turned on "officemode" it worked like a champ.

As opposed to requiring your users to change the IP Address Network Audio settings you can use GetIP.asp to dynamically configure the correct address. See link below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps1860/products_tech_note09186a0080094ed1.shtml

Thanks, this really help to solve my problem. It works now!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: