Views
Helpful
Replies

Original Called Number persistence after hunt group forward

Vance Krier
Level 4
Level 4

Hello.

I think I've seen this answer somewhere before, but I can't find it now. We have a hunt group 1500 pointing to DNs 1501, 1550, 1551, etc, etc. Each of these lines is setup with Call Forward No Answer pointing to the VM pilot number 8999. When a call rolls to any of the lines, for example 1550, then rolls to VM, the Called Number shows up as that of 1550 instead of 1500...so the VM system doesn't match it to the appropriate VM box or AA.

Is there a way to get the Called Number to display the original called number of the hunt group?

Thanks,

Vance

2 Replies 2

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Vance,

I'm not 100% sure about this one.I think you should go to the service parameters->cisco telephony call dispatcher and check your settings for the following parameters

KeepOriginalCalledPartyIfForwarded : If this is set to true, the OriginalCalledParty will not be reset during the redirect if the call is forwarded to Pilot Point.

ResetOriginalCalled : If the flag is set, it will reset the originalCalledParty during redirect. It can be overwritten by KeepOriginalCalledPartyIfForwarded if call was forwarded to the Pilot Point.

Hope this helps

Marina

Hi Marina,

Thanks for your help. I think that is exacly it. The following article explains the issue as well...

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/770/fn17863.shtml

I've made the change on the servers and asked the customer to try it. I'll let you know if that doesn't work.

Thanks!

Vance