Views
Helpful
Replies

outgoing calling translation does not work on FXO lines

Oscar Jaime
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Customer has  a CME with 6 FXO lines going into it. 3 lines are for incoming calls and 3 lines are for outgoing calls.

They want the people calling from the outgoing lines to display the DID of one of the incoming lines number for dial back. 

However, i'm not being able to have the translated outgoing calling numbers displayed on the destination phone. It always displays the original calling DID. Everything looks fine if I do a "test voice translation-rule" and also in the debug output of "debug voice translation". Am I missing something on the config below?

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /.*/ /15551231234/

!

voice translation-profile profile1

translate calling 1

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

translation-profile outgoing profile1

destination-pattern 1..........

direct-inward-dial

!

voice-port 0/1/0
 trunk-group FXO1
 no battery-reversal
 timing hookflash-out 50
 connection plar opx 1021
 description Access to PSTN Port FXO 0/1/0

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, with PRIs most telcos will allow you to send the ANI you wish, as long as you own it within your DID range, some other will allow anything.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Because that is impossible, Telco assigned a SINGLE DID to every FXO you have, and you have no control over that. You would need to ask telco if they can do that for you.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your response. 

However they have a different DID for each FXO. I have the three outgoing lines in one FXO group. Would that have an effect on this issue?

Thanks much

You have no control over the calling party number you send over FXOs, the telco assigned a static DID to it, and that's the one that always be used.

HTH

java

Thanks again.

Just one more, would it be the same if these were PRI/BRI lines? It seems to work fine over a mock PRI line in a lab but I've never had a chance to test it over a real digital line.

Thanks

No, with PRIs most telcos will allow you to send the ANI you wish, as long as you own it within your DID range, some other will allow anything.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: