Views
Helpful
Replies

Outlook sync with Cisco personal directory

xzjleo2005
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are using CUCM 6.1, just wondering if the user can sync the contact between outlook and personal directory. I found a plug-in pakage named TacSyncInstall on CUCM server, but don't know how to use it. Any suggestions?

Thanks. Leo

9 Replies 9

jepaquay
Level 1
Level 1

have a look at

http://j.mp/mUqrlp

Hi,

I do have some issues pressing the Synchronize button after successfully installing the TabSyncInstall.exe

I am running on the cucm 8.6 version where by i download TabSyncInstall.exe from the plug in. installation was done on

windows 7(32 & 64 bits) . After input all the information: server IP,user id, password, i press the Synch button,

the Tabsync program hand and crash.

I intending to do a synch the address book on my Microsoft outlook 2010 exchange server with the cucm.

Anyone know why is it happening?

Hi,

Were you able to resolve the Tabsync crashing issue. We are having the same problem.

Thanks for any assistance.

Hi,

As Mitch suggested,

This can be resolved by running the address book sync in compatibility mode for Windows 95. It will sync contacts in C:\Users\<user>\Contacts folder

Thanks,

I am facing same issue at windows 7. For win Xp  Tabsync is working properly. Need help.

Thanks

I have been able to successfully sync if I run the tool on Windows 8 pro using Win 95 compatibility mode. the problem I had was that it was only finding Contacts that were added in the  C:\Users\<user>\Contacts folder. I have not put any time into trying to import these contacts from Outlook via a .csv file but this looks like it would be simple enough to do (import option at the top). I am looking now for 3rd party programs that can automatically sync the contacts and parse to XML in hopes I can just add this as a phone service.

jasonlnielsen
Level 4
Level 4

Microsoft removed the WAB (Windows Address Book) in Windows 7. Tabsync works with WAB. Since it is not a feature of Windows 7, Tabsync will not function.

Here is a quick article from Microsoft http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/looking-for-windows-address-book

Please rate if this helps.

Hi Jason,

This information is helpful to understand why Tab Sync is not working with Windows 7.

Do any Cisco TAC types know if a replacment for TAB Sync functionality using Windows 7 is in the works?

Anyone find a way around this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: