Views
Helpful
Replies

Pairing Touch Panel remotely

Amine Majdi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert,

I have more than 200 Systems types SX20, C20, C40, T3 with Touch Panel on different sites, can I modify password and IP adresse of systems remotely without lost pairing between systems and Touch Panel?
if I lost the pairing what can be the plaine remotely ?

Thank you for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the touch panel is connected directly to the codec, you can change the codec IP address because they are directly connected to the codec and don't go through the network, so they will be fine and won't need to be paired again.

If the touch panel is connected via LAN to the codec, you'll have to manually enter the new IP address of the codec into the touch panel, as there isn't a way to remotely access the touch panel.

Here are the Touch 8/10 Installation Guides for reference:

Touch 8 Install Guide

Touch 10 Install Guide

Note, your question would be better off in the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are actively discussed and other can be able to help.  Can move your post by editing it at the top, and changing the categories at the bottom.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the touch panel is connected directly to the codec, you can change the codec IP address because they are directly connected to the codec and don't go through the network, so they will be fine and won't need to be paired again.

If the touch panel is connected via LAN to the codec, you'll have to manually enter the new IP address of the codec into the touch panel, as there isn't a way to remotely access the touch panel.

Here are the Touch 8/10 Installation Guides for reference:

Touch 8 Install Guide

Touch 10 Install Guide

Note, your question would be better off in the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are actively discussed and other can be able to help.  Can move your post by editing it at the top, and changing the categories at the bottom.

Thank you Patrick, 

If the Touch Panel is connected via LAN to the codec, can I modify the password of the codec ? 

I will try to move the forum on TelePresence section

Thank you

As I said, if you change the IP address of the codec with a touch panel that is paired over LAN, the touch panel has to be manually paired again by entering the new codec IP at the panel, you can't update it remotely.

I understand Partick, 

But if I don't change the IP adresse, I change only the password ? 

Thank you 

If you change the password of the codec while the two are paired, it appears that it updates the touch panel with the new password, which would explain the touch panel paired over LAN to my SX80 continued to function after a password change, however if you do change the IP address and have to pair the two again, it's going to ask you for the current admin credentials.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: