Views
Helpful
Replies

PAK Key Registration Issue

boonhine79
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guy ,

I am trying to register UCM-PAK with PAK code sent by Cisco , but i have ran out of idea what should i pasted on the page no. 2 (see attached ppt) , 

The page is asking "Paste the content of the License Request provided by Enterprise License Manager" , but i have no idea what does the Enterprise lisense manager mean . 

Basically , i am  actually just want to set up 2 virtual Call manager (Publisher and subscriber) in a Vmware Vsphere Esxi server  (Cisco UCS C220 M3) .

Appreciate if anyone can share with me in what are the things i should paste in page 2 in orders for me to download the license file 

Thank

Best Regards

Vilson

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Type the IP of the PUB on a browser and you'll get the ELM option, login, and you'll need to get the license request info from there. Licenses on 9.x+ are tied to ELM/PLM and not to the virtual machine. You can find PLM documentation on cisco.com

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Hi,

in attached snapshots, u select the Quantity to Assign as 15 [Essential] and 48[ for Enhanced] so that u can get one lic file .

Secondly, you need to paste the contents from ELM which u can get by following the steps:

Login into ELM---Click on Licenses TAB----Fulfilment---Other Fulfilment Options TAB.

Now Select Generate License Request and a small screen would get opened with License Request and New Steps .Copy those contents and paste it on Notepad/save it.

Now , in second attached snapshot in your PPT, paste those contents so that you can get the permanent license file which would be zip file. you need to unzip  it and upload the bin file by logging again through ELM.

Finally u need to upload these licenses. Go to License TAB--Fulfilment---other Fulfilment options TAB and select Fulfil licenses from File.Browse the file and install it.

Go to licenses ---license Usage and click on Syncronise Now.You can also login Call Manager[System--Licensing--click on Update Usage details ]

you can also refer the link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/9869241/understanding-enterprise-license-manager

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Type the IP of the PUB on a browser and you'll get the ELM option, login, and you'll need to get the license request info from there. Licenses on 9.x+ are tied to ELM/PLM and not to the virtual machine. You can find PLM documentation on cisco.com

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

in attached snapshots, u select the Quantity to Assign as 15 [Essential] and 48[ for Enhanced] so that u can get one lic file .

Secondly, you need to paste the contents from ELM which u can get by following the steps:

Login into ELM---Click on Licenses TAB----Fulfilment---Other Fulfilment Options TAB.

Now Select Generate License Request and a small screen would get opened with License Request and New Steps .Copy those contents and paste it on Notepad/save it.

Now , in second attached snapshot in your PPT, paste those contents so that you can get the permanent license file which would be zip file. you need to unzip  it and upload the bin file by logging again through ELM.

Finally u need to upload these licenses. Go to License TAB--Fulfilment---other Fulfilment options TAB and select Fulfil licenses from File.Browse the file and install it.

Go to licenses ---license Usage and click on Syncronise Now.You can also login Call Manager[System--Licensing--click on Update Usage details ]

you can also refer the link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/9869241/understanding-enterprise-license-manager

regds,

aman

Hi Jaime and Aman ,

Thank for your help . I have resolved the issue by followed the guide that you have provided .

But the CM i have installed is come with Prime license manager , not ELM . But the concept are almost the same . 

Thank again for your help :)

Best Regards

Vilson

I was also having this issue and when I tried to paste the generated text the "next" button was greyed out. 

I had to remove the "=" at the end of the text and re-add it and the "next" option became available to me.

I think it is a browser issue but one to remember!

Cheers

Sue