cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password reset on AS7100 Encoder

micahschlarb
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to password reset the admin accounts on the AS7100 Encoder?

I can't seem to find any documentation on this.

Remote desktop doesn't help since it's the default (and only admin) account that needs to have it's password reset.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hello

did you forget your password?.Did you know that the default username and password for As7100 as th below?.

User Name: admin

Password: encAdm1n

The initial encoder user name is:

User Name: user

Password: encUs3rs

other thing , you can change your credentials  from , system -user accounts . Please if your have more clarrification , please share with us to get your issue.

Thank you

islam

please rate all useful information

Yes as stated we need to reset the password for the default admin account.

Hi Micah

I have searched and talked with many people regarding your issue , without any result. I think only people who have the answer Cisco developers for AS7100 , please find the below link which i hope help you to get your answer. Just open a case and tell Cisco your problem , after 24 hours you will get an answer. Please if you get a solution , i hope to share with us . Best of luck

http://www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Thanks

please rate all useful information

blackey
Level 1
Level 1

The only real way to reset the Admin ID is to reimage the 7100.   This can be done by attaching a keyboard and monitor to the appliance.  It restores the system from a default partition a lot like a home PC recovery partition.   There is a recovery menuing system before windows launch.  Contact support for the instructions on what choices etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: