cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pattern Dependant Number Type and Numbering Plan

roland.bellwald
Level 1
Level 1

The service provider requires different settings for number type (subscriber, international and national) and numbering plan (ISDN and private), dependant on the extension dialed.

As far as I understood, this can be set in the gateway configuration for all calls, but cannot be set on a route pattern level or via numbering plan (customer is outside north america).

Is there any other way to define this based on extensions dialed?

Cheers

Roland

PS. Using CCM 4.1(3) CMM 12.3(8)XY as MGCP gateway.

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've not much experience with the CMM but perhaps this is one of those situations where you need to resort to using H323 to get these features - you should be able to configure seperate dial-peers for each type of number pattern and specify translations that alter the number type as they hit the pots dial-peers.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Dear Aaron,

Thanks for the input. The situation is worse, we need to filter out about 300 extensions out of 10'000 possible extensions which are not in a block. H.323 is not scalable from my point of view for this amount of phones -> DialPeer entries.

Cheers

Roland