Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Directory displays "Department" Field

stu_syn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'd like to display the "department" field on my IP phone as well as the First Name, Last Name and Number.

Preferably i'd like to do it whether the phone was using CallManager Directory or AD.

Is this going to be easy?

Thanks in advance,

Stu

1 Reply 1

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

It's not possible within the CallManager provided directory script, but it's possible with custom scripting. My company and others have used the toolkit like the one at ldapservices.com to put together custom scripts that allow querying the LDAP directory by department and displaying it with the user.

If you just want to display the user's department and don't need to actually query by department, you may be able to take the CallManager directory services SDK and edit it slightly to output the department name. However, the Cisco-provided SDK is remarkably inflexible and doesn't really allow you to "step outside" the box - it won't let you query by department name, or do many other things one might like to do with a custom directory.

With a CCO login, you can download a copy of the CallManager Directory Services SDK here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/product_support

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: