cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone not Ringing for Call Pickup Group Calls

zstamm
Level 1
Level 1

I am having issues with a phone in a call pickup group. One of the phones is not ringing and can't answer calls for the pickup group. This was working before. There may have been a change made that caused this, but I am uncertain as to what. I am looking for assistance to find what would cause this. What troubleshooting steps should I take?

Notes:
- CUCM 12.5
- Cisco 8851 phone
- I see that the phone goes into a ringing state in the logs on the phone. The calls seem to reach the phone.
- Even though the calls show visually on the phone, you can't pick them up.
- Other phones in the group ring for these calls, and can answer them.
- The volume on the phone ringer is turned up.
- The phone rings and functions normally for direct calls, just not calls in the pickup group.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ben Petroff
Level 1
Level 1

I've seen many problems similar to this. You can try:

Factory Resetting the phone
Re-creating the pick-up group
Restarting the Call Manager Service

If any of these work, it's not a configuration issue that can be fixed, and you're probably hitting a memory-related bug that would require Cisco TAC.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ben Petroff
Level 1
Level 1

I've seen many problems similar to this. You can try:

Factory Resetting the phone
Re-creating the pick-up group
Restarting the Call Manager Service

If any of these work, it's not a configuration issue that can be fixed, and you're probably hitting a memory-related bug that would require Cisco TAC.

Thank you!  I will give that a try.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: