cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones Holding onto Old Display Info

lisa.albertson
Level 1
Level 1

I've changed the name on a phone; made sure it was changed everywhere in the system. I called this number from my phone before making the change. At the time, it showed up as "Office #20". After rebooting the phones in question, I dialed the extension and it is still showing as "Office #20". If we call this extension from a phone that had not previously called it, the correct name shows up on the display.

Running CM 3.3(3)sr4a

phones are 7960's, 40's and 70's.

3 Replies 3

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

Try pulling the power from the phone. I've seen similar funky-ness while trying to reset the phone through CM or **#**

I've tried pulling power from the calling phone; have not tried to do this from the called phone. I would think that rebooting the calling phone would be where this needs to be reset since other phones that have not ever called the extension get the correct ID. What do you think?

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

You might also see this happen with shared lines with different callerID settings. I think the one that registered first is the one that is displayed when others call it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: