Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phrase server errors

During our upgrade to v4.0.3 we ran into an issue where the commserver drive ran low on disk space. Some of the WAV files were skipped before the space issue was discovered and now we are getting phrase server errors (which I understand as being due to missing prompts).

Is there a way to reinstall all the prompts for a language as opposed to manually going through and putting the missing ones (as listed in the evt viewer) all back one by one?

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

The only supported way to do this would be to re-run the 4.0(3) installation. One of the first things that setup does is deletes the old prompts and then replaces them.

Keith

well.... all the prompts are stored on the installation CDs raw (i.e. they aren't compressed into CABs or anything) - as such you could simply XCOPY the stuff under \localize\prompts\ENU\ on the install CDs into \commserver\localize\prompts\ENU\ and all the original prompts will come over.

Yes, you can run an upgrade as well but the XCOPY would do the same thing and be less intrusive. That's probably how I'd go about it...

I just completed the reinstall of Unity and now everything is working great! Thx