Views
Helpful
Replies

Plar

alessandro.dona
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have a 7940 and i would like to use one of its two line for a plar connection and left the other one as a standard line.

Can I implement this or i have to use the phone only for plar connection?

Long story short:Can i associate a plar connection to a DN?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can absolutely do that.

Chris

View solution in original post

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

I haven't tried this but I don't see why you couldn't do this. Just configure the PLAR for Line1 and the DN on Line2, when you go off hook it will pick Line1 automatically hence it will dial the extension that you configure to that PLAR.

In order to be able to use the Line2 you will need to press the button on line2 before going off hook to select that line.

HTH

//Jorge

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can absolutely do that.

Chris

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

I haven't tried this but I don't see why you couldn't do this. Just configure the PLAR for Line1 and the DN on Line2, when you go off hook it will pick Line1 automatically hence it will dial the extension that you configure to that PLAR.

In order to be able to use the Line2 you will need to press the button on line2 before going off hook to select that line.

HTH

//Jorge

Here is the document on how to configure a PLAR in case that you don't have it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

I have and my doubts born from

this document because the author doesn't aware about DN end use the device information and not the DN settings!

Just configure the PLAR as the document says, once you finish assign a DN to Line2, it should work.

That means i will be never able to contact the phone using line 1,because it hasn't a DN!

Hi Alessandro,

You are correct, this doc does effect the device, but there is a method to the madness. On the device CSS leave as normal (Local, LD whatever you want). On the Line 1 CSS apply the new Hotline CSS. On the Line 2 CSS leave as . I just tried this in the lab and it works perfectly.

Off-Hook Hotlines to specified number. If you preselect Line 2 by pressing the button (like Jorge suggested) before going Off-Hook you can dial away.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: