Views
Helpful
Replies

prefix 0 to incoming calling number ?

agr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have one question, we use a mgcp gateway with ccm3.2 is it possible to prepend a "0" to the incoming calling number on the callmanager and if how ;-)

We made it with a translation pattern but it works only if there´s really a translation ...

any help would be great

thanks in advance

Andi Gruber

4 Replies 4

Translation patterns (TP) is the way to go. Presumably calls from the MGCP GW have the full DID number as the called number. Have the translation pattern match on the DID indial range, and then mask of the last N digits as the extension. At the same time specific a '0' prefix in the calling party transformaion.

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

This is based on prefixing a 9 (for UK) but is easily modified to prefix with whatever digit you like.

I've done this in the following way.

partition - incoming_p

calling search space - incoming_SS, contains incoming_p

partition - internal_p

calling search space - DDI_SS, contains internal_p

gateway assigned to the incoming_SS

Translation pattern ! assigned to the partition incoming_p, modify incoming cli to 9xxxxxxxxxxx, search space of DDI_SS.

This way all incoming calls are sent through the translation pattern and a 9 is added infront of the 11 incoming digits (if BT are the provider change to 90xxxxxxxxxx) and then all incoming CLI has a 9 in front. The search space then passes the call to the internal_p which contains my extensions

This is based on all incoming CLI being the same length, if you have varying lengths then this will have strange results.

Paul

Is it possible to change the incoming caller ID depending on the calling party number not called party number?

I have a different requirement than prefixing all incoming calls with 9. If a call comes in from 91951[2,3,5]XXXXX I need to strip the 91951 and only show the last 5 digit of the calling party number. For all other calls I need to prefix the 10 digit Caller ID with a 9.

I could do this on my H323 PRI gateway by using translation rules and appliying them to different dial-peers. Recently I've implemented PRI backhauling on the gateway and the translation rules no longer work. Can this be done with the callmanager running 3.1(3aspD)?

Baha

Is there a way to make a translation depending on the numbering type ? For example if I receive an international call I want to prefix the number with 2 zeroes and if it's a local only 1 zero.

Regards,

Bram

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: