cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presense Server error, Cisco Server Recovery Manager has encountered an unrecoverable error and is in a Failed state

Yanivaloosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm getting the following error: "The Cisco Server Recovery Manager has encountered an unrecoverable error and is in a Failed state" on Cup cluster after clicking on recovery button.  

both servers are running  9.1.1.30000-3.

in addition "High availability warning" appear.

x.x.x.x@xxx.com 269 Failed Critical Service Down
y.y.y.y@xxx.com 90 Failed Normal

thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried a Cluster Reboot. If not then that should be the first thing.

Regards

Deepak

Yanivaloosh,

I had the same issue and found that if you deactivate all services on both servers (see below) and then reboot both servers at the same time that will fix my issue.

Go to Cisco Unified IM and Presence Serviceability ->Tools -> Service Activation -> Choose Server and click "Go" -> Then un-check all the boxes and click Save.

Thanks William for sharing this (+5), Good to know this but it seems to be a work around only, I would open tac for it and try to get RCA for it to avoid re-occurrence.

Suresh

harresh123
Level 1
Level 1

I encountered a similar error. I had to reboot the node where the critical services were down and when the node was up with all the critical services up and running. Under call-manager administration redundancy groups initiated a fall-back and that cleared the high-availability error although mine was a database failure and was running on backup node. This document might help.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0100000.pdf

Sharif Alkatib
Level 1
Level 1
Deactivating all the services for both servers -> restart both -> reactivate = solved all issues.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: