cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI D-Channel problem

degg
Level 1
Level 1

I have a NM-HDV with a VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI, and I just had a partial PRI installed today. I cant get the D-channel to come up. I did a debug isdn q921, and I see

'ISDN Se0/0:23 Q921: User RX <- SABMEp sapi=0 tei=0',

but never a User TX -> show up. does this mean that my controller is not sending SABME packets? I have looked everywhere to find out about how to fix this, but I cant get my controller to Tx. I have checked my config numerous times, my provider has changed channels that we are using, I changed to the other T1 Controller in the card, changed cables, and still no luck. I am using ESF, B8ZS, DMS100, and have verified everything with my provider. Any help?

12 Replies 12

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Is it a h323 or a mgcp gateway.

Also can you please post the configs.

Thanks,

Radhika

williams.jeff
Level 1
Level 1

What version of IOS and CCM? Is this MGCP or 323?Have you tried going int the controller config and doing shut / no shut?

Jeff

I am using a 3640, 12.3(4)T, with an NM-HDV and a VWIC-2MFT-T1. Controller 3/1 is the one I am using. I have another PRI at a different location with the same provider. The settings are the same, and my provider verified the 2 PRI's are the same on their side. I have checked the config, and I cant see any difference between them. I just never get any User TX SABMEp packets. Here is the conifg.

isdn switch-type primary-dms100

!

!

voice call carrier capacity active

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

ccm-manager mgcp

!

!

controller T1 3/0

shutdown

framing esf

crc-threshold 320

linecode b8zs

cablelength short 133

!

controller T1 3/1

framing esf

crc-threshold 320

clock source line primary

linecode b8zs

cablelength short 133

pri-group timeslots 13-24 service mgcp

!

interface Serial3/1:23

no ip address

no logging event link-status

isdn switch-type primary-dms100

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager

no cdp enable

!

voice-port 3/1:23

!

mgcp

mgcp call-agent 10.50.1.10 service-type mgcp version 1.0

no mgcp timer receive-rtcp

!

mgcp profile default

!

!

!

dial-peer cor custom

CCM 3.3(3) sr6, MGCP.I have tried shut/no shut, I changed channels being used (with the provider changing as well), I changed cables, I changed slots on the router to a known working one, and I put a loopback plug in and did Cisco's hard loopback test and it passed. But, I still cannot get my controller to acknowledge a RX SAMBE packet, or tx one.

Hello,

Is there any reason why your are using only 13 channels.Also what is the status of the gateway in callmanager.In MGCP since you are doing PRI backhaul your D channel will not come up till it talks to callmanager.Try to do this.On the gateway put

ccm-manager config

ccm-manager config server

After your put these two reset the gateway from callmanager.This should download the configs from callmanager and register the gateway.Once this is done if you want to use only few channels do the following procedure.

On the gateway use the following command ( this needs to be done after the gateway is register to ccm)

no ccm-manager config

no ccm-manager config server

Then after this

int serial 3/1:23

no isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager

shut

voice-port3/1:23

shut

controller3/1:23

shut

no pri-timeslots 1-24

pri-timeslots 13-24 service mgcp

no shut

voice-port 3/1:23

no shut

int serial3/1:23

isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager

no shut

This should bring the dchannel and up .

If you want to busy out the channel is callmanager so that callmanager does not send the calls on 1 to 12 do the following .On the callmanager gateway page "enable status poll" and then go to service parameter and choose callmanager .After the serivce parameter opens choose advanced.In advanced settings under PRI and mgcp choose "channel b-channel maintenance status 1" put the following value = 111111111111000000000000

Thiis should busy out 1 to 12 channels.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Radhika

Thanks for all the info, I finally got it up and going. I think it was a isdn switch-type mismatch. I dont think they actually changed it to DMS100, now we are using NI.

mikram
Level 4
Level 4

I have similiar problem, I can only get one T1 PORT working and other stays in deactivated mode. I have changed the cable and channels but i cant assign isdn bind-l3 ccmmanager on D channel.But, when I try both ports with 3640 bootstrap, 11.1(20)AA2, it works fine.

any suggestions.?

thanks

When it is MGCP and you configure such that the router downloads the configs from callmanager ( ccm-manager config command) callmanager sees to it that this command is put in the D channel configs.If your layer 1 is down it is could be a physical layer issue .One more thing could be make sure on the NM-HDV you have any dsps.Again this won't take layer one down.

Thanks,

Radhika

I have 4 DSPs chips in the HDV modules. I have two port MFT1 card, but only one port works. changed cable,nothing seems to bring the layer 1 up. I have swapped the card with new MFT2T2 but no luck

any ideas.

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

Is your endpoint configured correctly in the callmanager? The D-channel is backhauled to the callmanager, so he does all signalling.....

But if the ccm doesn't know there is an endpoint, he won't set it up!

check your backhaul

show ccm-manager backhaul

show ccm-manager

debug ccm-manager backhaul

sharka
Level 1
Level 1

We ran into this cisco bug: CSCef20529

It's not the 3600. But it sounds the same! We could have the provider loop the B channel but we could never ping anything!! Even a loop back to the routers interface, it could not see!! This was the command that we needed to get off the box: network-clock-participate slot 1.. We are using the NM-HDV2 but in a 2600xm. We had seen timing slips as an issue.

Cisco also, changed the card to be E1, reloaded the router, than changed it back to PRI and reload again. This with out the command, kick the card awake!

When I configure Service mgcp with pri-group command, but when I do show run, it dont see it with pri-group command.Also, It does not give me option to bind l3 to ccm-manager, the only option it offers is q931. But, on the otherhand, my second port on T1 card is working fine with mgcp.

any ideas.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: