Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI issue with MGCP

tarun.pahuja
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

I was working with my Telco provider and configuring a PRI. I am using MGCP on my end.They told me change the switch type to primary-dms100.

should i do that at the interface level

int se 1/0:23

isdn switch-type primary-dms100

or at the gateway configuration page using MGCP wher e it says protocol type NI2 bt default.

I am forcing the configuration from the ccm to the gateway :ccm config server x.x.x.x"

when i do that at the gateway configuration page, the gateday type doen not change on the router???

any ideas.

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

You can specify either at the router manually or you can do it at the gateway configuration page, since you are pushing the configurations from the CallManager.

Usually switch-type settings take effect and will start to work properly only after a reload of the router. (Its recommended to do a reload after each switch type change is made)

Change manually the switch type in the router, Try reloading the router, and once it comes back up, it should register with the callmanager and you should see the correct switch-type in configuration as well as under show isdn status.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

You need to change the switch type in callmanager and reset the gateway from callmanager page.This allows the gateway to download the new config.If by any chance the configs are not downloaded then give no ccm-manager config and ccm-manager config.This forces to download the config.

If you are doing h323 you can change the switch type either at the global level or at the interface level.However please make a note that when you change the isdn switch type in h323 you need to restart the gateway.

since you are doing mgcp you need to make the changes in callmanager and reset the gateway from callmanager.

Thanks,

Radhika