Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Prime License Manager - How to get license usage via SNMP?

Hi,

we want to monitor our license usage on Cisco Prime License Server using a third party monitoring system.

I have found how to enable SNMP on the PLM via the CLI.

A SNMP walk does not show any obvious OIDs showing the license usage. I have not found a MIB for the PLM.

Is it possible to get the license usage via SNMP? Is there any documentation available for this?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Prime License Manager - How to get license usage via SNMP?

I don’t have this answer but wanted to mention that PLM no longer exists starting with release 12.0. It has been replaced with the online Smart Licensing account. Before you invest significant time into this effort...

Another idea might be to look at the SNMP MIBs for the CUCM/CUC product instances. They still calculate the license usage after all.
Beginner

The future of PLM is something to keep in mind, thank you.

We are currently on CUCM 10.5, and will likely migrate to 11.5 in the near future. We (as a company) are still somewhat uncomfortable with the always online premise of smart licensing.

On the other hand, after wrangling for a week with the contract status and visibility of our various CUCM licenses, Smart Licensing would make that easier, i hope. ;)

I will look at the MIBs for CUCM directly. 

Enthusiast

Hello,

I'm looking for the exact same target, with exact same version (10.5) and target version (11.5) as upgrade ;).

Did you find a way to monitor the licenses through SNMP?

Thank you.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards