Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem installing DMM an video portal..need help

Temur Kalandia
Level 1
Level 1

hello

Our company has purcheased the Cisco Digital Media System. We need centralized management of all DMPs. The server is : DMM-SVR-C210-K9 and software is DMM NFRV5.2 Perptl

The problem is that I can install that sowtware on my server, the error is : "not supported system. Please contact cisco support"

did anyone faced such kind of  problem?

15 Replies 15

Nicolas Fournier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Temur,

Are you sure you are trying to install the DMM software and not the Show and Share (Ex Video Portal) on your device?

If you can confirm it is the DMM, can you tell me which version you are trying to install as well as the exact error message you are getting when trying to install the system?

Regards,

Nicolas

hello

thanks for answer.

The server which we've bought is DMM-SVR-C210-K9 , with not preinstalled software.  Also we purcheased these "Cisco digital media manager DMM NFRV5.2 Perptl update software", this soft was purcheased with other ones: digital media player and video portal.

i've tried to install both  DMM and video portal but the error was the same. tried to use ESXi4.0 and after that got the same error. 

when i read this article http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/video/ps9339/ps6681/data_sheet_c78-477948_ps6681_Products_Data_Sheet.html

it says that our server is required. 

exactly the message is (it appears like error, but header is "sorry") : "hi the system you try to install is not supported.you cannot continue further. Please contact cisco support"

it seems the friendly message , but it is my headache..

Hi Temur,

The hardware is correct.

I did some research and it seems the exaxct message you are getting must be something like: "Hi, the system detected is unknown. You cannot continue further. Thanks and contact Cisco support".
You can forget about using ESX: DMM has to be the hosting system and cannot be run as a VM.
I had a look at the document you pointed out: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/video/ps9339/ps6681/data_sheet_c78-477948_ps6681_Products_Data_Sheet.html
There it says that the part you need to get (Marked as required) for your system software is DMM-BASE-52-K9 and not the one you currently have and which is meant for systems which are upgraded from earlier versions.
Since your hardware is not supposed to be updated but only to have a fresh install, you are getting this error message.
If you order DMM-BASE-52-K9, you'll get the proper DVD and you should be able to finally install your system !

Regards,
Nicolas

thank you very much...  i hope this solves our problem.  i'll post the results in near future..:)

hello again..

Today i tried to find out why our company hasn't purchased that dvd :DMM-BASE-52-K9, and it appears that we are partner company and we've bought this bundle for demonstration to our customers and this bundle doesn't requires DMM-BASE-52-K9. So everything i have must be enought for demo, BUT It doestn works...

any other suggestions?

thanks ahead

Hi Temur,

The server you have doesn't come with the software pre-installed so you need the DMM 5.2 full install DVD to use it.

If you get the DMM-BASE-52-K9 part, you'll get this DVD.

Since it is not available from cisco.com, I believe it is the only way you'll get it if you don't own it already.

Regards,

Nicolas

ok, i understand..

Also i have question about video portal, should i install it separately or will the  DMM 5.2 full dvd contain it? 

Hi Temur,

The Video Portal (Now called Show and Share) software is shipped on a different DVD.

Keep in mind that it needs to run on a separate hardware appliance: you cannot have the DMM and the SnS on the same device.

Regards,

Nicolas

That's not a good news for me ...   it means that i need second server for video portal...   OR can i install these two softs on VMs?  the server is too powerfull to use just for one software. I think it should be possible to launch these two softs separatelly in virtual machines.

Also when i tried to install video portal it shows me exactly the same error.

Hi Temur,

Unfortunately, that is how it works: one physical device = one DMM or VP, not both.

There is no way to install either of those under a Virtual Machine.

Since the Video Portal will not work without a DMM anyway, I suggest we first try to set this one up before starting to play with the Video Portal.

Regards,

Nicolas

thank you very much...:)

Hello Nicolas,

I'm Temurs colleague, we are working on this project together.

As a Cisco partner we are able to buy DMM NFRV5.2 , it’s partner not for resale bundle of all DMS related software. Part number is

DMM-NFR5.2-K9Digital Media   Mgr NFRV5.2 Perptl. SW Lic.

We are working on a demo project for customer.

This bundle contains DMM-BASE-52-K9 , we are unable to install it on a recommended server.

Thank you.

Hi,

If this part include the full 5.2 software and that the DVD doesn't work, I would advise you to open a TAC case to have the ISO published for you to make sure it is not the install media which is broken.

If you still have the problem with that image, it might be something wrong with the hardware.

Regards,

Nicolas

Hi,

Did You or anyone resolve that problme? I have the same issue.

Regards,

Tomek