cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem registering gateway across VPN

kc4ixi
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2821 at the main site with the v3pn, and a 2801 at a remote site with the v3pn. They are connected with an internet VPN connection. I am also running CallManager 4.0 at the main site. I am unable to get the remote 2801 to register with CallManager, and I think it has to do with the vpn connection and possibly because the remote router is probably trying to register with the external internet IP? If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ciscojock2002
Level 1
Level 1

you may want to check your gw type (h323 or mgcp) and the associated bind source interface commands.

there is an mgcp bind source (for control and/or media) and also an h323 bind source address.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ciscojock2002
Level 1
Level 1

you may want to check your gw type (h323 or mgcp) and the associated bind source interface commands.

there is an mgcp bind source (for control and/or media) and also an h323 bind source address.

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Like Charles suggested, it is the problem with the source address used by MGCP to register with your Callmanager. Check the MGCP bind source command under global config mode.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus