Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with video thumbnail and presentation on SnS

Ferdi0802
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I install DMM and SnS 5.2.0 on vmware. The problems are video thumbnail didn't work (only show static image like movie roll) and if I created video with presentation, the presentation image showed nothing. Is this limitation from vmware version? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In that case, Show and Share should be generating the thumbnails automatically.

Anyway, as you know the VMware version is not officially supported, so, if you want to investigate it further, the first thing to do would be setting up the software in a show and share appliance and see if the same problem happens.

This is as far as I can get in supporting your setup

Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It's not a limitation of the vmware version, it's the expected operation. Video thumbnails will just show an image, not the video itself.

Regards

Daniel

Sorry if my post wasn't clear enough. The image which is shown on the thumbnail, is not from the video, but it uses default image from Cisco. Please see my attachment

That's a completely different story.

When adding the videos to Show and Share, are you uploading them or just adding a link to an external source? If it's the second one, then, SnS will not be able to generate the thumbnail automatically

Daniel

I'm uploading the video.

In that case, Show and Share should be generating the thumbnails automatically.

Anyway, as you know the VMware version is not officially supported, so, if you want to investigate it further, the first thing to do would be setting up the software in a show and share appliance and see if the same problem happens.

This is as far as I can get in supporting your setup

Regards

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: