cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems installing CCM 3.1.2c on a Compaq DL320

c.donnelly
Level 1
Level 1

Having problems installing Callmanager 3.1.2c on a Compaq DL320 (as per Cisco Specifications i.e. 512Mb Ram / 40 Gb HDD / Server Part Number 251280-421)

Installation goes all the way through and then as the splash screens disappear there is a message box that says "Please wait while setup is configuring DC Directory" - this message never goes away. If I look at the event viewer then I see an error message that says that :-

"Failed to register DC Directory Server presentation address - Registration API error - Address already registered"

If I reboot the box and look at services then DC Director Server just reports that it is starting and gets no further.

Suggestions gratefully received....

Chris

2 Replies 2

dedube23
Level 1
Level 1

Chris,

I would get the 3.2.1 upgrade and just install that. I have a dl320 I can not begin to list all the problems I had trying to install older call managers into it. I had no problems with 3.2.1

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have the maching configured in a Microsoft Domain such as AD or NT 4.0? If you are there any password policies that prevent the password from being blank or some type of password policies? Do know for sure if that could be it, but I have seen problems in the past with this and DCDirectory.

Thank you,

-Mckee