cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems running dbwalker and export Utility

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Upgrading from 2.4.6(102) to 3.1.1 Unity. Read through the instructions and tried to use the dbwalker and export utility off the 3.1.1 CD per the instructions on the 2.4.6 server. Got the following messages running each of the utilities.<br><br>Running Database Export: Error in load routingMethod '~' of object '~' failed -2147220299.<br><br>Running DBwalker: Run-time error '-2147220299 (800404b5)': Method '~' of object '~' failed.<br><br>I am using the versions off of the 3.1.1 CD as per the instructions. I am logged in as myself where I have service account privileges on exchange and I am an administrator in Unity. Any ideas?<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

that error means it wasn't able to attach to the running DOH instance. Try logging in as the account that installed Unity (i.e. the account that's associated with the AVxxx services in the SCM), this always works. Other accounts can work but this one will always work.

Don't worry... I'm working on versions of several of these tools (BulkEdit, dbWalker etc...) that don't talk to the DOH at all any more but go straight to SQL for 3.x and these types of rights issues will go away (or at least get real simple... you have access to our database in SQL, you're good to go).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)