cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with CallerInfo Sample

rgjones
Level 1
Level 1

I am having two problems running the CallerInfo sample on a Websphere server.

1) If the server is run in non debug mode then I get a "Unable to create provider -- Timed Out while waiting for ProviderCompleted Event". If I run the same code in debug mode then the code provider = peer.getProvider(providerstring); works as expected.

2) The second problem is that the CallInfoServer is not pushing the xml code to bring up the Photodirectory URL. Both the CallerInfo and Photodirectory JSP's work correctly when called manually (with the exception of problem number 1). The code seems to get stuck on the CiscoTerminal ct = (CiscoTerminal) cons[1].getTerminalConnections () [0].getTerminal(); line. It appears to enter callChangedEvent twice then hangs.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Two other releated questions I have are

1) Is the source code to the JTAPI.jar file available for debugging purposes.

2) Are there any JTAPI logs or trace files on the server I can look at?

Glenn

8 Replies 8

rgjones
Level 1
Level 1

Additional info for problem #1

Cisco CTIManagerkCtiProviderOpenFailure - CTI application failed to open provider CTIconnectionId:43 Login User Id: UNKNOWN_PARAMNAME:ReasonCode:2362179680 IPAddress:X.XX.XX.XXX App ID:Cisco CTIManager Cluster ID:LABCM1-Cluster Node ID:X.XX.X.XXX

Looks like the userid field is not getting initialized?

Hi,

Wanted to know whether you solved the problem, For me too pull mode is working fine, but push mode is not working ,And callerinfoserver is not showing any error.It is running successfully.

Looks like cisoterminal. sendData(xml) is not actually sending datas to the phone.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

San

I was getting a lot of null exceptions myself.. until I recompiled all the Java classes from the SDK.

@Sandhya: it might be useful for you to try and debug to see where you get stuck.

I wouldn't put the blam on the push.. that shouldn't be a problem.. in my experience, problems generally begin before that (e.g. when you try and get the call participants).

Hi, no sorry I never did resolve that issue.

Glenn

Thanks for your replies. You are right stephen, after debugging i found out

its not returning active call party numbers first time.. and it shows no active calls, but when i click on update it returns active call party numbers.

What i mean is while initializing callserver , terminal connection is null, thus it is not creating a instance of callserverinfo class for it to push next time.

In function getActiveCallPartynumbers(phoneName),

Phonename.getTerminalConnection is null initially.

Do you have any suggestions for null terminal connection?

Thanks

Well, if you make the first pull, it has to initialize the callerinfoserver and it'll be running as long as you don't restart tomcat. Does pull mode work for you?

The only way the callerinfoserver will not be properly initialized is if you cannot get the provider, or if there's a problem waiting until it comes into service. Just because the TerminalConnections don't exist.. that has happened to me as well until I recompiled (I don't really know what has changed, but if it's working why complain).

There are different ways to get the callerinfo. For instance, rather than looking at the TerminalConnections, get the call from the event and get caller and callee from it. It is a more direct way and doesn't contain dangerous code (I don't recall the exact details because it's been two months, but I found that using the approach used in the SDK, depending on your call scenario, the number you consider to be the callee and the one you consider to be the caller can be switched... getting the info from the call you have a method to get you the caller and one to get you the callee so there will be no confusion.. so I consider this to be the better way).

Thanks for ur suggestions.yes , pull is working perfectly fine for me.

Iam trying out different methods to get the caller and calle info, meanwhile is it possible for u to send me your coding of callerinfoserver at sandhya.balakrishnan@aig.com, (Got only 2 more days for me to get this working!)

Thanks

I got the caller infor working by correcting the Push url as

String jtapiPushUrl = "http://10.0.0.1:8080/photodirectory/photodirectory.jsp?action=details&ext=";

Thanks a lot stephan.