Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with ipvmsapp service, 99% CPU Utilization

koksiong
Level 1
Level 1

My Setup: CCM4.0.2a SR1, OS 2.6 sr6, CSA 4.0.3.728

My Problem: The ipvmsapp.exe is experiencing high CPU utilization (99%). It seems to occur randomly. I am still investigating but just posting here to check if anyone else is experiencing the same problem or can give me some pointers to resolve/pinpoint the source of the problem.

4 Replies 4

gedece069
Level 1
Level 1

i had the same problem, the only difference is the CM version (4.1). This happend on the publisher when the NIC was shortly disconnected from the network(SDL link down). Only a reboot could resolve the problem. I'm investigating also...

I also have the same problem on CM Version 4.0(1). When the NIC on the Subscriber was disconnected from the network, the phones did not Fail-Over to the Publisher as its CPU was running at 100% - this was caused by the IPVMSAPP process. Terminating the process allowed the phones to Fail-Over normally.

Invesigating..

ANYthing on this? Customer running 4.0(2a) having the same exact problem. Publisher ipvmsapp running 99% CPU.

Sorry, No good news. Set detailed tracing on CCM, SDL and CMS. Set Perfmon logs to trace all the Cisco Media Streaming App Counters. Tried many times to re-create the fault, but could not.

Then, last week problem occured on another of our customers cluster, this time when one of the Subscribers was rebooted. This cluster on CM version 4.1(2)SR1.