Views
Helpful
Replies

Prompt field length

aleja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know how many characters are allowed in the prompt field of any CiscoIPPhone xml object? thanks!

cheers,

alej

5 Replies 5

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

The limits are in the schema file (CiscoIPPhone.xsd) that comes with the IP Phone services SDK. In case of prompt, here's the definition:

So the max length is 32 characters.

thanks a lot, did not know there was a definition for the ciscoIPPhone objects in that file.

cheers,

alej

Can you tell me where the schema file is located / how I can modify it? I would like to add an element to the CiscoIPPhoneDirectoryEntryType object.

I would like to have "Department" as an available search criteria / display value ehwn users search the driectory ... especially Cisco was nice enough to add that as one of the items you can configure from within the CCM Global Directory, though without modifying the schema, there's no way for the phone to display it ... ;(

Thanks!

Joe

I thought that it's not possible to modify this schema...these files are just for information. Please, someone should correct me if I am wrong!

cheers,

alej

You should not try to modify schema in order to have more search criterias/display in "Corporate Directory".

In order "Corporate Directory" to search and display "Department" and more values you have to develop(or to buy 3rd party app) new XML application and to put it in "Directory URL" url for the phone or enterprise.

Best,

Svetlin