cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN-A --> VoIP --> PSTN-B Problem

cau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,can anyone help me with my VoIP setup? I currently have two branches, Branch-A and Branch-B in two different cities. I'm trying to setup an infrastructure whereby I can call into my local Branch via PSTN into my Cisco voice gateway... go through the Internet.. routed to the other Branch and out the Cisco voice gateway to the remote PSTN. Here,s what it looks like.

PSTNA -> CiscoGW -> Internet -> CiscoGW ->PSTNB

Branch-A has a CiscoGW with 4 FXO ports connected to 1FLs and Branch-B CiscoGW has a NM-HDV(VWIC-1MFT-T1) connected to a T1 PRI. My problem is I can dial from PSTNB to Branch-B and out to PSTNA, it would ring but I get no voice. And when I say no voice I mean on either side.

By the way, I'm just using simple Dial-Peer statements to point from one site to the other. Using Codec G.711. I actually followed steps from this link below but I made it even simplier as I don't have SIP configured.

http://mit.edu/sip/sip.edu/ciscoGW.html

Thanks for your help!

24 Replies 24

I tried but still didnt work.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.254

Here is my current network setup.

Internet=>Netgear Modem=>Pix501=>Inside Network 192.168.0.111(CCM)

=====================================================

Here is my current config

IP Phones and Gateway Registered with CCM 4.1.2

PSTN line via FXO (Cisco 2620 Router)

Bell is ringing on IP phone but cannot hear, Even the caller cant hear.

Cannot make a call from IP Phone.

Thanks

What is inside IP on the PIX? is it 192.168.0.254?

If not, does 192.168.0.254 have route back to your phone IP?

Is PIX doing VPN tunnel to other site? Is other site using PIX also or netgear?

Also, on the PIX do you have fixup skinny? I also recall that you may new PIX software if you're on a newer version of CCM due to some changes with skinny the older PIX software did not fixup right. I had a customer whose IP phones on other sides of PIX would just ring and ring due to PIX software being old and once they put new 6.3 (If I recall right they were on 6.2 when it did not work) it worked fine.

Hi Erik:

Actually I don't think that the problem relates to the pix. The ip address of the 2620 is 192.168.0.55, the CCM is 192.168.0.111, and I presume that the ip address of the phone is 192.168.0.x with mask of 255.255.255.0.

Carl:

Would you consider changing the config to H.323?

Yes you are right "Actually I don't think that the problem relates to the pix. The ip address of the 2620 is 192.168.0.55, the CCM is 192.168.0.111, and I presume that the ip address of the phone is 192.168.0.34 with mask of 255.255.255.0. "

Add new gateway as H.323. Then i believe i have to change in router config too. What will be the config if i change it to h.323?

Thanks for quick reply

I only have gateway at site A. Presently testing on Site A. So basically i am facing the problem at site A. There is no gateway setup at Site b and Site C.

As per your instructions i am providing you the PIX

_Config.

Carl:

Can you turn on detailed traces on the ccm, and place one outgoing call, and place one incoming call from pstn. Send the traces to hiho@cisco.com.

How do i turned on traces in CCM?

open this page http://ccmserver/CCMService/main.asp

Select Trace, Configuration, your server, and Cisco CallManager Service.

Debug Trace Level should be detailed.

The location of the files will be in Trace Output Settings

The last file should contain the logs.

Please check email. I have just sent traces.

Thanks

cau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone... been working on this problem and now now I'm running into a new related problem. I upgraded my BranchA site with the 4 FXO to an E1 PRI. so now my diagram looks like:

PSTNA -> (E1-PRI)CiscoGW -> Internet -> CiscoGW(T1-PRI) ->PSTNB

My problem now is I can call from PSTNB thru to PSTNA and th person on PSTNA would ring and he would pickup and hear me from PSTNB.. but I don't hear anything from PSTNA. One way audio. I'm not using CM or anything so I don't think it's a routing issue. I tried pinging and pings went thru. I actually see the call being set up but no voice. I even used RTP cut-thru but nothing... anyone have any suggestions?