cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Push2Phone - Send Text to Phone

kurtmarvin
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a push2phone program in asp.net that allows for sending text messages to phones, and I was unable to find a free one online so I created my own. I have it working on call manager 4.1(3). It might work with other versions as long as they use the devicelistx.asp file. Here is a link to the program. I also have included screenshots in the download so you can see what the gui looks like before installing.

http://rapidshare.com/files/53657785/IpPhoneMessenger.zip.html

Any suggestions? Comments?

Thanks

Kurt

45 Replies 45

I do have the same problem.

I configured everything.

I can see the page with all phones.

When sending the message to a phone, everything looks correct, but the message does not shows on the target phone.

All phones are associated with the user.

Rinnug Call Manager 4.1.3

Any ideas?

I've just narrowed it down a bit.

When sending the message with an alert tone, i DO get the alert tone on the target phone but NO the message.

Thanks,

Please let me know if i need to configure something else.

Thank you,

Zeek

It seems like you have a firewall blocking incoming connections to the computer where ipPhoneMessenger is on, or you have the wrong url entered in the settings.xml file.

Make sure the "http://wherethissiteishosted/PhoneMessenger/" is the write url.

Also you can't have the ipPhoneMessenger password protected, because the phone has to make a request back to the ipPhoneMessenger.

Well...you might be able to set special permission for the ipPhoneMessenger, except for the Messages folder, because that is where the phone actually makes a request to. I have not tested it with any special permissions though.

Kurt

Sorry about the late response.

Is there anyway you could send me the changes you made so i can implement them and update the whole app.

Thanks,

Kurt

Shannon Sutter
Level 1
Level 1

Still can't figured why it will play the sound on the target phone but won't display the message.

What concerns me is that I've just installed "Message Pusher Demo", and this software it's working correcly.

PLease help, this is driving me crazy!!

Thanks

Zeek

what phone load are you running?

Thank you for replying.

The App Load ID P00308000400

The Boot Load ID PC0303010100

Version 8.0(4.0)

A few examples from phones that do not work:

App Load ID: Jar70sccp.8-3-0-50.sbn

Boot Load ID: 7970_64060118.bin

Version: SCCP70.8-3-1S

and

App Load ID: Jar41sccp.8-3-0-50.sbn

Boot Load ID: boot41.3-2-2-0.bin

Version: SCCP41.8-3-1S

Shannon Sutter
Level 1
Level 1

I guess everything started to work.

Thanks for your help.

Zeek

I got this installed and am at the point where I can send sounds through but the text does not show up just like previous posts. I am trying this on a 7940 with App Loader P00308000700 and boot loader PC0303010200

And Sorry to everyone for forgetting about this post that I made. I just have been quite busy lately, and for some reason I wasn't recieving any emails from replys which for some reason I got one today.

What do you get as an error on the phone when you try to send a message?

I had a similar problem like this but the problem for me was that when you send a send a message to the phone it sends xml content to the phone which includes the sound but not the actual message. What the phone does to display the message, it goes out and tries to access the xml page that is stored in the Messages folder.

It seems like for some reason the phone can't make a connection to where your ipPhoneMessenger is. Do you have a firewall that could be blocking it?

And i have only tested this on the Cisco Ip Phone 7941 and 7940 and also a cisco wireless phone which I will have to get the model number of because I can't remember it at the moment, but it seems like it should work with ur app and boot loader.

Kurt

It was a http 404 page not found error. I moved everything to the root of C and all is working fine now to both 7940's and 7960's.

Thanks for the app! My office admin loves it.

I'm glad you got it working. :-)

Kurt

We can get the Alert Tone to play on phone and can get a message to save in the messages folder. The phone does not display the message, only get a 404 error.

Any thoughts?

"I had a similar problem like this. Here is how it works. When a message is sent to the phone it only sends xml content to the phone which contains only the data for the Alert Tone and a link to where another xml file where the message is stored. If for somereason the phone can't make a connection to the xml file that contains the message it will result in a 404 error.

Here are the most comon ways to resolve the problem:

1. Do you have a firewall that could be blocking the phone from accessing the messages folder?

2. Another reason you could be getting the error is if the Messages folder is password protected. The Messages folder has to be available to everyone.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Kurt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: