cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Push2Phone - Send Text to Phone

kurtmarvin
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a push2phone program in asp.net that allows for sending text messages to phones, and I was unable to find a free one online so I created my own. I have it working on call manager 4.1(3). It might work with other versions as long as they use the devicelistx.asp file. Here is a link to the program. I also have included screenshots in the download so you can see what the gui looks like before installing.

http://rapidshare.com/files/53657785/IpPhoneMessenger.zip.html

Any suggestions? Comments?

Thanks

Kurt

45 Replies 45

Thanks for the reply. First let me say this is a nice application. You did a really great job on it.

I think it might be the messages folder now that I understand more how the application works. I will try to find a place for the messages folder that will allow phones to access.

Thanks again for the help.

Trae

Thanks,

Let me know if you get it working, and good luck :-)

Kurt

We got this working. Not sure how, but I guess we got all the files in the right location.

Thanks

Trae

I have tested this on 7940, 7960, 7961 and 7921 which all work.

It does not work on the 7970. It resets the phone.

gmmarosell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Please, can you send me?

My e-mail is gemma.rosell@gmail.com

Thanks,

Gemma

Pl. send me the IpPhoneMessenger.zip file too.

I was not able download the file from the site mentioned.

Thanks.

acc104@hotmail.com

Jamie Brown
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kurt,

Have you had any luck sending messages to 7921 phones? They seem to work differently from other phones.

Cheers

Jamie

cairns-a posted earlier that he had tested it on the 7921 and said it worked.

cairns-a post:

"I have tested this on 7940, 7960, 7961 and 7921 which all work."

I have not tested the phone myself, but going by what he said it should work.

Kurt

jwillisriptown
Level 1
Level 1

First off, thanks very much for putting this together!

Secondly, I'm having an issue setting it up. We're currently trying to test this out - I have the page displayed with all the ext's, that works, looks good. I have my own account that is associated only to my phone however I'm not able to push a tone or message to it. Will this work or do we actually need all devices associated first off before anything works?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

If it isn't a problem to associate all the devices then I would try doing that first.

I can't remember exactly, but I think I ran into a problem similiar to yours when I had just one device associated to it. It seems that it should work with only one phone associated to it though. I can't honestly remember though. If you are still having trouble with this I can test it out here.

Thanks,

Kurt

Hello,

I want to try your application, are you here in order to help me?

Thank you in advance

In my case, when sending a message to a specific phone, the remote phone rings once but not message is displayed on the screen.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

zeek

ssridhar12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kurt

This piece of code is awesome, I am looking for your help on the same code for the latest version of CUCM 7.0(2) as that dont support devicelistx.asp so what is to be changed in this application so that i can use this on cucm 7.02 environment

With Best Regards

Iyer

acidburn82
Level 1
Level 1

Did anyone get it work on CUCM 7.x ?

Mustapha Arakji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I wanted to know, does this require and IP Phone Service to be created for the IP Phones?

Please if anyone has this application, could you post a link, as the old link seem to be expired.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: