cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QRT configuration- "Service Not Active"

gshonting
Level 1
Level 1

I followed the rather simple instructions for setting up qrt and I when I press the button, i get "Service Not Active"

Any ideas??

9 Replies 9

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Please follow the steps mentioned in the document below for the proper configuration of QRT.

QRT Viewer

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801ed137.html

I've done the simple steps also, and triple checked and when press QRT it saids service not active.

Any ideas?

1) The QRT docs for 4.1(2) are more detailed:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_2/ccmfeat/fsqrt.htm

2) Make sure you have the Cisco Extended Functions service enabled on the CCM server your phone registers to.

3) If they aren't already on, try enabling the RIS and CTIManager services also. QRT collects info from Cisco Extended Functions, RIS, and CTIManager as well as the phone itself.

Ray W.

Do you still have this problem?

And do you use directory (non-DCD) integration?

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

We also have the same issue "Service Not Active" after installing AD plugin.

I tried to change CCMSysUser password using CCMPWDChanger but it says ERROR:53 -The network path was notfound. I tried 10 times same error every time...

Any idea ?

milay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The error:53 is just what it states, "The network path was not found". This is more than likely a result of receiving a referal, by the AD Schema Master, to an AD servr that we can not resolve the name of. Could also be a DNS issue or a server that has been removed from the AD cluster.

You can try to put ALL of the AD servers in the hosts & lmhosts files, may want to put in the fully qualified name as well as the server name. Ensure that you put the #pre after each entry in the lmhosts. After this is done do an "nbtstat -RR", at the cmd prompt, to refresh the cache.

Now try ccmpwdchanger again.

Also a Network Monitor trace will tell you what server the CCM has been told to contact!

Mike

We also have the same issue "Service Not Active" after installing AD plugin.

I tried to change CCMSysUser password using CCMPWDChanger but it says ERROR:53 -The network path was notfound. I tried 10 times same error every time...

Any idea ?

milay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try setting the passwords in AD manually, my reply to another post:

You can also set the passwords for the accounts in AD then manually encrypt them using "passwordutils" & enter the account passwords in the registry of the Pub.

1) At a cmd prompt enter passwordutils , record the encrypted password.

2) At the cmd propt type regedit

3) navigate to HKeyLocalMachine\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Directory Configuration\accounts

4) Set the passwords for CCMSysuser, CCMAdministrator, & IPMA to the encrypted password above

5) Run the plug-in on the Sub

Note: "HKeyLocalMachine\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Directory Configuration" is correct I am not 100% that the next key is accounts but you will know it when you see it. WIsh I had a CCM @ home I would tell you for sure.

Thanks Milay,

It worked like you suggested.

BR,

Dmitry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: