cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question with NSO and CARE

xifa4
Level 1
Level 1

Question for anyone who used NSO with CARE to automate STIGs.

So we had call yesterday with a few guys from Cisco to discuss us potentially ordering Cisco NSO. The main reason for purchasing is to use their CARE product which will allow us to automate STIG checking and filling out the STIG checklists for us, among other things.

During this meeting the guy referenced anislble alot and said that NSO using a lot of ansible playbooks to do these checks. Even when he showed us the output of some of the checks, i noticed that it is the same output that I would get from ansible. Everything from what it prints down to even the color it prints in.

So my question. Everything that NSO CARE does for checking STIGS (compliance checks, differences between golden configs and all other configs, filling out STIG checklists, etc.), could it all be done with ansible playbooks? I have some experience with ansible and python, and I have my own playbooks/scripts that do compliance checks, check differences between configs, tell me what STIG findings are open, etc. The only thing I really havn't figured out how to do yet that I really would like to be able to do is automate filling out the checklists. Not sure if thats possible with an ansible playbook or not.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is the collaboration / UC area of CSC, might want to move your post to a relevant area to get assistance.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

hhha7x
Level 1
Level 1

Why did you copy this from Reddit? 

I just read this reddit page myself while searching for documentation on NSO.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: