cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions about MeetingPlace 8.5?

ryanyolola
Level 1
Level 1

Please pardon for the questions. I am still new to MeetingPlace.

1. I don't know if I understood Cisco documents about MP but is a Webserver needed when you need to integrate with MS Outlook or Lotus Notes for email notification and calendaring function?

2. Does MP have the capability to call out to participants of a meeting? If yes what needs to be done in order to achieve this.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Arun Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ryan,

Let me answer your question in reverese order (assuming you it's new install of MP 8.5, with integration to WebEx for Web meetings):

2. Yes, MP allows both dial-in and dial-out. Check this link for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace/8_5/english/administration/route_sip.html#wp1279402

1. MP 8.5 (is audio & video conferencing) system, if you want web conferencing you need Cisco WebEx and do integration with your MP 8.5, this is known as type 2 deployment. Once done you can install the WebEx Productivity Tools to schedule meetings via outlook  or you can login to your WebEx site and schedule the meeting.

let me know if you got more questions.

HTH

Arun

Ryan,

To add to the answer if you are interested in an audio only MP 8.5 deployments then for Outlook you do not need a web server.  If you want Lotus Notes integration that requires a web server.  Optionally you can deploy a web server if you want the ability to schedule meetings through the MP web interface or access audio recordings.

Hope this helps.

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: