cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions regarding SRST

6rlopez_2
Level 1
Level 1

Which is the best way to implement SRST? Is better to use MGCP or H323 in the gateway?

If I use MGCP I need an additional license for MGCP fallback?

Can I use my BRi connection to PSTN to send local calls to PSTN with phones registered to CM and also as backup (all the calls) when the WAN link fail?

Raquel

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

carijit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

SRST operates in H323 mode only.

If you have a MGCP gateway which is also a SRST gateway, as soon as SRST kicks in the gateway autoconfigures it as a H323 gateway. For this purpose you need to define dial peers which the gateway can use while in SRST.

You can use BRI by creating a dial peer for call routing during SRST.

All you need is to have licenses for SRST.

Please rate the post if you find it useful.

Regards,

Arijit

View solution in original post

That's about right :-)

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

carijit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

SRST operates in H323 mode only.

If you have a MGCP gateway which is also a SRST gateway, as soon as SRST kicks in the gateway autoconfigures it as a H323 gateway. For this purpose you need to define dial peers which the gateway can use while in SRST.

You can use BRI by creating a dial peer for call routing during SRST.

All you need is to have licenses for SRST.

Please rate the post if you find it useful.

Regards,

Arijit

Hi,

I want to check I have understood what you have said:

The gw can act as MGCP gw and use the BRIs for local calls and rest of the calls go through the WAN.

When the wan fails, the gw changes to H323 and all the calls go through the BRIs.

Is that right?

That's about right :-)

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: