cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Quick question Re: webinar Q&A

quantumleap
Level 1
Level 1

Where do you type a question for the Q & A in a webinar? I see a text box to ANSWER a question, but no place to actually type a question.

webex q&a.jpg

3 Replies 3

Hilda Arteaga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @quantumleap

Thanks for reaching out and extending your question.

You should be able to simply allocate your question on the text box and send it.

Nevertheless, if youā€™ve been assigned with ā€œpanelistā€ privileges you0re not able to place question but only to answer them. And in order to answer them you firstly need to give  right click to the selected question/comment you would like to respond to (the selection should turn blue) and then youā€™re able to reply (either privately or in a public way, so everyone can see what you posted)

Unfortunately sometimes, WebEx Events center have some issues, if that is the case and youā€™re unable to post you have three alternatives:

firstly quite the session and access to it again

secondly ask the host of the session for assistance

or alternatively reply to a comment/question with your comment/question so people at the session can see what you would like to post .

I hope you find this information helpful, also please keep in mind that in all Webinar/webcast events of the Cisco Community you will be able to reach for assistance. All session have a host prepared to assist all attendees.

Hi hiarteag, I was the host.  And since there was only one text box available I used that to type my question for attendees to answer.  Unfortunately the Send button was greyed out so I couldnā€™t send it.  The light grey message in the text box (ā€œSelect a question, and then type your answer here.  There is a 256-character limit.ā€ See attached screen shot) makes it sound as if this is where attendees would answer the question, not where the host types in the question.  You can see why I might be confused.  Having the Send button be inactive kind of made it impossible to use.  Hence, the need for clarification.  ~ Clifford ~

webex q&a2.jpg

Hi @quantumleap
That is correct, unfortunately Webex Event Center does not allow panelist to post questions on the Q&A panel but only to answer them. That includes he host, which is considered as a panelist for Webex vent Center as well.
To be able to answer as a host on the "Q&A panel", you necessarily need a question or comment. So you can post a response.

For posting question I would recommend to place them either on the ā€œchat panelā€, available to all people on the session (including panelsit) nor ā€œplacing the question on a slideā€ so the audience can answer to it and then you can reply to them.

In addition, there is a feature to place ā€œpolling questionsā€ in the case you would like to hold one in your event. They are multiple choice questions with predefined answers. Attendees can reply to them directly on the ā€œpolling question panelā€ and add contents on the ā€œQ&Aā€ or ā€œchatā€ panels. You can find that feature on the top menu that says #viewā€ -> then ā€œManage panelsā€ and then add the ā€œpolling question panelā€

I hope you find this information helpful