cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording Greetings via Phone

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

When I attempt to record a greeting for a call handler using the phone I recieve an abort retry ignore error box. Upon examining the event log I find this entry:<br><br>Event Type: Information<br>Event Source: Application Popup<br>Event Category: None<br>Event ID: 26<br>Date: 4/23/2002<br>Time: 4:24:26 PM<br>User: N/A<br>Computer: CSI-1274<br>Description:<br>Application popup: Active Voice CommServer : Assertion failed: HRESULT 0x80040154:<br><br><br>File: e:\views\Unity3.1.2.41\un_Client\TRAP\AvTrapConnectionHolderSvr\AvTrapConnectionHolder.cpp<br>Line: 573 <br><br>And also this one:<br><br>Event Type: Error<br>Event Source: DCOM<br>Event Category: None<br>Event ID: 10006<br>Date: 4/23/2002<br>Time: 4:24:26 PM<br>User: CSOURCE\cgray<br>Computer: CSI-1274<br>Description:<br>DCOM got error "Class not registered " from the computer 10.10.1.44 when attempting to activate the server:<br>{60EB7702-6A7A-11D1-8029-00C04FAD610B} <br><br>I am sure I am missing the boat on this one but needing some help as I am mudding my way through this. <br><br>Thanks<br>Chad Gray<br>cgray@courcekc.com<br><br><br><br><br>

1 Reply 1

jschless
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will likely get this message if you put an invalid IP address in the Phone Record and Playback Settings. Under the Media Master drop down box -> Options, you have the option to enter the Desired Extension as well as the Cisco Unity server. Check to make sure the IP address you entered under Cisco Unity server is that of Unity. If you are using the netbios name, make sure DNS is configured correctly.

Jeff Schlesser
Unified Voice Technical Lead
San Jose TAC