Views
Helpful
Replies

remove "mesage" softkey from 7912g templates

Jesper Farver
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Earlier we had Cisco Unity, (not anymore).

I can't find where I can remove the "message" soft key from 7912G phones.

In the menu on the phone i got on hook "Redial, NewCall, Message, (more)", Off Hook the same. 

It's only on 7912g phones, on all others phone types there is not such soft key.

Running CUCM 9.1.2

Kind regards

Jesper

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi thanks for the answer.

I use "NoVoiceMail" as profile and a "blank" Pilot for all users.

But the 7912 phones still have "Message" softkey.

Found this on Cisco site, "The third softkey button on the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G is reserved for the Message softkey. For these phones' templates, the third softkey button defaults to the Message softkey."

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/manual/cmeadm/cmesoft.pdf

So I don't think it can be changed.

Kind regards

Jesper Farver

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It’s been a long time with these , and mine were SIP before I gave up on them, but if they were configured with a voicemail pilot this key was visible.  

Im not use if you use a “NoVoiceMail” blank pilot if it will go away. 

Hi thanks for the answer.

I use "NoVoiceMail" as profile and a "blank" Pilot for all users.

But the 7912 phones still have "Message" softkey.

Found this on Cisco site, "The third softkey button on the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G is reserved for the Message softkey. For these phones' templates, the third softkey button defaults to the Message softkey."

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/manual/cmeadm/cmesoft.pdf

So I don't think it can be changed.

Kind regards

Jesper Farver

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: