cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing IPMA from Phone

tarkinkl1
Level 1
Level 1

When our VoIP was set up a few months ago, IPMA was configured and test although we're not actually using it. I had a need recently to replace a user's phone and happened to use the phone that IPMA was tested with that had the "bell" icon on it. How do I get rid of this icon? Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could stop the Cisco IPMA service from CallManager Serviceability/Service Activation if you don't use it anymore...

Alternatively you will need to find which user in your directory the phone is associated to, enter the user configuration pages, select IPMA and click delete...

I'm afraid I don't know of a quick way to find which user it is.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

You also have to remove the IPMA XML Service from the phone :

Go to device>Phone

Find your phone and click "Subscribe/Unsubscribe Services" to remove the service

regards

Marc

Hello Aaron,

What when you have deleted all IPMA parameters for that device (unsubscribed the service),erased user,...recreated the user and assigned it to a device and the pop up appears again on the phone?

Would there be something that "hangs" in the database?

Kind regards,

Kurt

tpan
Level 1
Level 1

hello.it is simple.you must remove the ipma function from the user.go to user setup--ipma on the left-- and remove the manager-assistant setup.

Hi Sir,

I was looking forward to implement a shared line between a manager and secretary. I just hope both of the DN can ring at the same time . Please let me know.., your effort shall be highly appreciated. I understand IPMA can did that but there's a lot of steps involved. thank you..

:)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: