cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing OPX lines

ma75
Level 1
Level 1

We are working to replace OPX lines we have to a local hospital. Currently we have 1 setup between the CUCM release 10 that is using a VG204.

This setup is a VG204 at the remote site where we have a local LAN connection. It is plugged into an AVAYA IP gateway FXO port. Works like a champ. 

Our issue is the other site has a CS1000 Option81 Nortel PBX with XUT (universal trunk card-copper)cards. While the inbound calls work fine, the outbound call pulls dialtone from the VG204, but the XUT does not break the dialtone from the VG. I have been advised this may not work on the VG204s but a CIsco Router with an FXO might. Before I go "test" at the customers site again has anyone any ideas?

I can make and receive calls using a test set at the remote site. 

3 Replies 3

ma75
Level 1
Level 1

Update, The original VG204 plugged into an Avaya IP office gateway was dropping calls when configured as a LOOP start setup after a few minutes. The logs show it was getting a disconnect from the Avaya gateway. (??) Not really sure how that was happening. Avaya has been around a lot longer than Cisco, not sure why it would send spurious disconnects. We have changed it to Ground Start and that is working, but now the Avaya equipment is seeing alarms due to the way Cisco does its "ground start". The alarm goes away when you flip the pairs, but then no outbound calls.?

The other site with the CS2100-- we have 1 port working, not sure why the others are not. The local TECH cannot see any difference in the setup. BUT I have rolled the other 4 ports through the working line without issue. The original issue is still there, NO outbound calls, when monitoring the line the CS2100 will not "see" the dialtone form the VG204. 

MORE on the issue:

We have found that the CS1000 isn't detecting the dialtone correctly. If you press the Private line on the CS1000, and then go offhook on the TEST set (in parallel with the line). Then DTMF is passed. 

If i remove the jumper, the CS1000 will not get dialtone, so the PBX is detecting the voltage. 

If I go offhook on the CS1000, dial digits, (nothing heard on the TEST SET), then go offhook on the test set the digits get passed. The PBX is buffering waiting on dialtone. 

ANY ides guys??????

WELL, we finally found someone that new what to try, 

The VG204 units were configured as H.323 devices wit the appropriate settings and work just fine. We have to get the PBX tech to play with the Disconnect supervision settings on his end, when the Cisco hangs up the PBX doesn't recognize it and can hang the line.