Views
Helpful
Replies

Request for remote monitoring for Touch 8 / Touch 10 panels

its-networking
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I've raised a request for a way to bulk monitor Touch 8/10 status since at the moment, there is no automatic alert for this

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut27621

Was curious if others would see this as a useful feature (I'm told there haven't been alot of demand for this feature, so it might not be getting much attention from the BU)

We have hundreds of Touch Panels and if the pairing is lost or there's a Touch Panel error, the users can't use the system.  Currently, checking them involves manually checking the status on individual endpoints and is time consuming.

Fixing them requires someone to go onsite to the room.   So really, we need a way to monitor them remotely and have automatic alerts raised.

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I agree it is something that would be nice for those that utilize VCS for call control, or maybe something for Prime Collaboration for those that have CUCM instead.

On a side note, this would probably be better placed in the TelePresence forum, where these devices are actively discussed.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I doubt that this will ever come to light for the Touch 8 panels, as they're pretty much an old product now, especially with the CE software on all the newer endpoint not supporting the Touch 8 and only the Touch 10.

As a further extension to this request, perhaps the ability to remotely pair a Touch 10 with the endpoint needs to be developed so people don't have to physically attend on-site to do this.

Note: As mentioned by [@patrick.sparkman], your question would be better placed in the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are more actively discussed than in the Other Collaboration section you've posted in - I'd suggest that you move your discussion over there (can be done via the Edit button in your original post).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: