cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Response 500 when creating admin account through Expressway REST API

bendes
Level 1
Level 1

When querying my Expressway Core or Edge through the REST API, I try to send a POST command to the URL https://{expressway-hostname}/api/provisioning/common/adminaccount/configuration with my main admin account as a basic auth and I get a response code of 500 (Failed to execute request) from either of my expressways.

I have followed the documentation for my release (X8.10.4) to the tee and I'm still getting errors.

Here's the body of my request:

{
"YourCurrentPassword":"PasswordOfTheAccountImUsingAsAuthorization",
"Name" : "TheNewAccount",
"Password" : "AVerySecurePassword",
"ConfirmPassword" : "AVerySecurePassword,
"AccessLevel" : "Read-Only",
"ApiAccess" : "Yes",
"EmergencyAccount" : "No",
"State" : "Enabled",
"WebAccess" : "No"

}

I am able to send whatever GET requests I want, including from this REST point or any other points but this POST request is giving me troubles. What am I doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bendes
Level 1
Level 1

Found the issue. There was no information on the response body but my 13 characters password wasn't long enough. I did not test exactly how many characters were needed but I typed a 24 characters password and it worked. Perhaps Cisco should update to the documentation and to the response body to mitigate trivial issues like this one. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

bendes
Level 1
Level 1

Found the issue. There was no information on the response body but my 13 characters password wasn't long enough. I did not test exactly how many characters were needed but I typed a 24 characters password and it worked. Perhaps Cisco should update to the documentation and to the response body to mitigate trivial issues like this one.