cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

restore callmanager database on different computer name

adahan
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any option to restore a database (mcs.sti) to a server with computer name different from the original server?

Let say i have mcs.sti from server called CCM-primery and another server which named LAB-CCM, is there any way to get the "lab" server with the same database as the "primery" ?

Thanks, Avi.

5 Replies 5

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

SQL will wig out big time if you change the server name. Most-likely you will crash and burn!! I wouldn't do this!!

Geoff

david.lawrence
Level 3
Level 3

I have done something similar to what your looking at. Using my Pub MCS.STI file I restored this to my test lab Server. The name was setup the same for the restore, and then I changed the name in call manager. Seemed to work OK. Double check all your options are ok (e.g. Corp Dir URL).

However I didn't change the name of the server under Win2K.

HTH

Dave

mtashiro
Level 1
Level 1

Bad things happen if you change the server name. If you try to restore on a computer with a different name the restore won't let you. If you change the name after you restore, all sorts of bad things happen. The first thing you will probably see is a bunch of SQL errors.

Ya, that is what i saw...

Thank you all, Avi.

Avi,

Unfortunately, Cisco does not support the restoring of an STI backup to a server of a different machine name. This restore is not supported due to SQL related issues. The only supported restore mechanism for STI is to use the same exact machine name for the restore.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Cisco Systems