Views
Helpful
Replies

Restricting outgoing calls to a list of numbers on cucm

fahad.ata
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We wish to allow some of our extensions to dial only a list of external numbers (the list has nearly 30 numbers in it), Is there a way on call manager to achieve this, apart from creating a route pattern for each number?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe the alternative would be to do some custom programming and integrate your CUCM with an external call control profile server to do that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thank you for the reply, i was thinking there might be something like translation pattern, so that i can point the cucm to check if the pattern is present in the translation pattern and then route the call (like we do for call blocking etc..),  Are you sure its not achievable without any custom programming or 3rd party stuffs?

That would be the exact same thing... you'd need to create those 30 TPs. and then have them in a partition that is the only thing they can reach with their CSS to avoid them calling anything else.

You have external call control profiles, but as you mention, you'd need to do custom programming, and I'm not even sure if that would still boil down to using CSS/partitions in CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: