cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Return Network info LLDP / CDP on XML submit

JacobMunson
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you in advance for any info. I am working on an XML application where I would like to use environmental info about the phone such as LLDP or CDP information. Does anyone know how to retrieve this info from a cisco phone?

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Some of the LLDP-type details may be available from the on-phone web pages, e.g. /DeviceInformationX (see attachment.)

In general SNMP-type phone info is available by proxy in the CUCM SNMP tables. 

Depending on what info you need, exactly, it might be retrievable via CUCM AXL or Risport APIs

I wasn't aware of these device information URLs can you share the link to this document? is there a URL for network information the equivalent to HTTP://<phone IP>/CGI/Java/Serviceability?adapter=device.statistics.port.network?

See the IPPS Development Notes doc here: https://developer.cisco.com/site/ip-phone-services/documents/

You may need to provide CUCM user credentials to access the phone via HTTP (i.e. of a user associated to the device), and finding the phone IP to send the HTTP GET is a hurdle as well.  Also depends on the phone web service not being administratively disabled.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: