cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Pattern question

jfarrer
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Call Manager system at my corporate office that is controlling phones and gateways at 11 other remote offices. I have set up a route pattern for the 303 area code (Denver) that allows all of my remote sites to pass calls for the 303 area code out over the gateway located in Denver (a 2811 with a PRI). The issue that we have is if the connection between Denver and the Corporate site goes down, none of the other locations can dial a number in the 303 area code. What I would like to do is use the Denver gateway to pass 303 and 720 calls under normal operating conditions. If my Denver site goes down, I would like to pass these calls out my voice gateway in Casper. The issue here is that I need to strip the "1" (users dial 1303xxxxxxx) in order to pass these calls through the Denver gateway. During a failure, I need to leave the "1" in place in order to complete the call out of the Casper gateway. I have checked the Route-Group and Route-List sections of CCM, but cannot manipulate digits. The only place I can manipulate digits is on the Route-Pattern. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Jack

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jack,

You can manipulate digits at the Route List level under Route List Details (top left of the screen). You will need a Route List which contains 2 Route Groups - 1 for the Denver gateway, 1 for the Casper gateway. At the Route List level, you can modify the behavior for each route list under Route List Details. Make sure that the Denver Route Group is first in the list so that it will be chosen when available.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jack,

You can manipulate digits at the Route List level under Route List Details (top left of the screen). You will need a Route List which contains 2 Route Groups - 1 for the Denver gateway, 1 for the Casper gateway. At the Route List level, you can modify the behavior for each route list under Route List Details. Make sure that the Denver Route Group is first in the list so that it will be chosen when available.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

I knew there had to be a way do do this. This did the trick. Thanks.

Jack

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: