Views
Helpful
Replies

RSS feeds to DMP4400G

abiolaadefila
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have DMM 5.3 setup to manage up to 5 DMP4400G with 5.3 firmware.

How do i setup the DMM to display/scroll  RSS feeds on the DMPs.

Do i need to create XML files for this.

I really new to Video

Thanks for the anticipated support

2 Replies 2

panayiotiscy
Level 4
Level 4

hepp0 abiolaadefila and welcome aboard.

in order to display the rss feeds on your screens you need to primary design a presentation using the DMS designer tool, in which you can easily locate the rss feed import icon.

You just need to insert the feed on the desired place on your presentation and then just simply type the source of the rss under the rss properties. the source can be (e.g newspaper feeds etc)

if you want to to fetch your own rss feeds you must build your own rss server and add your own rss messages!

mjuarez2
Level 1
Level 1

The DMM has a set up for this. If you are using the DMD, you can click on the RSS icon to set up a feed. Content will need to follow the RSS specs. You may also have to set a crossdomain policy for your feed, if you use the built-in functionality of the DMM. The reason is that the DMM renders all rss feeds in flash, and flash is restrictive in terms of what content it allows to be served out. A cross domain policy can be set by putting crossdomain.xml in your root folder of your web server. It should look something like this:

http://www.adobe.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">

Good luck!

-Michael