Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT Alert recording Call Setup failed

chandru_bbc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are getting continuously the RTMT alerts as Recording Call Setup failed for both the jabber and Desk-phone devices. Recording Option is ACD enabled, BIB is ON on the devices,Recording profile is selected, recording media sources is Gateway Preferred.Based on the user's devices,in QM server corresponding device is selected for recording(either jabber or desk-phone)

CUCM and QM server :11.5

But Still we are getting these RT-MT alerts with the cause value 1114112

RecordedDeviceName : CSFabcd

RecordedDeviceDN : xxxxx

RecordedDeviceCallID : xxxxxxxx

GatewayGuid : 0000000000484A1302411B9B00000000 RecordingMediaPreference : 1 RecordingMediaSource : 1 RecordingClusterID : CauseValue : 1114112 Reason : 1 AppID : Cisco CallManager ClusterID : abcd NodeID : cucmhostname TimeStamp : Thu Jul 10 12:57:39 EDT 2021.

May I know the reason for these RTMT alerts?

-Chandru

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The error code 1114112 with AlarmName RecordingCallSetupFail is a generic error which occurs when CUCM is unable to send Invite towards recording server and recording fails.
One of the common issue for this error is when there is issue related to Codec between IP Phone and Recording server.

You would need to pull CUCM traces and analyze them for further information on what might be the exact issue if it's not the codec.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

joseg1984
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I know this is a bit of an old post but I had this issue too. I had to make sure the phone configuration settings had the built on bridge setting to ON. I had it on default and our default settings are set to OFF. After I made this change I saved, applied config, and reset the phone and recording started working. 

This error may also appear if your call recorder is configured to limit recordings to one type (e.g., incoming PSTN calls only). CUCM will attempt to set up the recording, but if the call type does not match the configured preferences on the recorder it will deny the attempt.

Julie Oblak
Level 1
Level 1

We are getting the exact same RTMT alerts.  Our calls are recording successfully but when I get these I open the recording and can see that they have put the caller on Hold almost 100% of the time. It continues to record call during the Hold and even after picking the call back up off of Hold.  We also had some where the recordings were split up into multiple recordings when the Hold occurs. Our recording vendor stated that CUCM is sending a different ID for the hold that what it sends for the original call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: