cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Schedule Reboot of CCM 4.0

csco10801555
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to use scheduled tasks to automatically restart the CCM 4.0 servers on a regular basis? I am currently running CCM 4.0(2a)sr1a. After suspending security, and running scheduled tasks, an error message comes up and states that the shutdown.exe can not run because the task scheduler service is not running. Can it be activated without causing further problems with Call Manager?

Thanks,

Bill McMillin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I would not recommend doing this, but there are softwares like RebootNow that can do scheduled reboots. These softwares dont have much load on the system. But as far as installing third party tools on Cisco Callmanager, TAC wont support that.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

bstremp
Level 2
Level 2

I don't think there is a way to use scheduled tasks to automatically restart the CCM 4.0 servers on a regular basis

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I would not recommend doing this, but there are softwares like RebootNow that can do scheduled reboots. These softwares dont have much load on the system. But as far as installing third party tools on Cisco Callmanager, TAC wont support that.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks for your answers. I appreciate it. I guess if I want to keep my TAC and restart on a regular basis, I will have to do it manually.

Thanks again.

Bill

I use an application that comes installed on CCM. It can be found in the c:\utils directory. From the command line run ->

C:\utils\shutdown.exe /R

The /R tells the app to reboot the server instead of a power down. Use the Windows scheduler to schedule it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: